TO: UCSB Campus Community
FR: UCPath Center
RE: UCPath Notice: W-2s Available Online January 26, 2021
Please read the following information carefully, as it contains important information regarding the 2020 W-2 tax form. Employees will either receive their 2020 W-2s electronically through UCPath online or they will receive a paper W-2 mailed to the address on file.
Beginning on January 26, 2021, employees who have previously selected to receive an electronic W-2 can access their 2020 W-2 at UCPath Online.
The UCPath Center will notify employees (by the email address on file) that W-2s are available for download.
- To receive a W-2 electronically, the employee must have given prior consent. If the employee did not consent to electronic receipt of W-2, please reference “Paper W-2” below.
- Use the following path to view the electronic W-2 form on UCPath:
- Employee Actions > Income and Taxes > View Online W-2.
Reminder: Employees must enroll in multi-factor authentication (MFA) with Duo to access UCPath. Use the instructions at it.ucsb.edu/mfa to enroll.
Employees who did not consent to an electronic W-2 will receive a copy by mail (home mailing address on UCPath) through the United States Postal Service.
Paper W-2s will be mailed on January 29 from the UCPath Center in Riverside. Please allow three to five days for delivery.
If you do not receive a W2 and believe you should have, contact UCPath at 1-855-982-7284.
After employees leave the UC system, they may access past UC earning statements and W-2 forms through the UCPath online as a Former UC Employee.
Former employees can use the following instructions to access their W-2:
- Visit ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu
- When selecting the authorized location, select “University of California, Former Employee”
- Choose Former UC Employees. Once logged in, click on Employee Actions > Income and Taxes > View Online W-2
How to Read Your W-2
Use the Job Aid: Your UCPath W-2 for more information about the boxes on your W-2 form.
If you have a question about this information, please visit UCPath and click on “Ask UCPath Center” to submit an inquiry or call (855) 982-7284 to speak with an associate Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
If you have IT-related questions, please contact the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) at email@example.com or (510) 987-0363.
If you have questions, contact one of the following offices: