TO: UCSB UCPath Transactional Users
FR: UCPath Center
RE: UCPath Reminder: July 1 Retirement Processing, COLA Eligibility & Job Record End Date Monitoring
Dear UCSB UCPath Transactional Users,
Please read the following carefully, as it contains important reminders for both the July 1 Retirement Processing & COLA Eligibility, and Job Record End Date Monitoring.
July 1 Retirement Processing & COLA Eligibility
As a reminder, to qualify for the inactive Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) increase, eligible UC Retirement Plan (UCRP) benefit recipients must be retired one day prior to July 1, with a minimum of one business day not on active HR or Payroll status.
Refer to the updated Retirement Processing for July 1 Retirement Date - COLA job aid for terminology, examples, and guidance on processing this transaction in UCPath.
The effective date of the template must be June 30, and the last day worked needs to be June 29 (as applicable).
- Submit retirement templates as appropriate
- Submit final pay requests for accrual payouts as appropriate
- Submit Accruals & Service Adjustment eForm for any adjustments needed for sick time that has been converted to service credit
- Transaction templates should be submitted and approved no later than the corresponding location deadlines (see payroll processing calendars linked below)
- Job Aid: Retirement Processing for July 1 Retirement Date - COLA
- Job Aid: Emeriti Processing for July 1 Retirement Date
- Simulation: Initiate Retirement Template Transaction
- Simulation: Submit Final Pay Request
- Forms Library in UCPath
- Job Aid: Review the Payroll Processing Schedule
- Payroll Processing Schedule
Job Record End Date Monitoring
There are over 67,200 employee records and 1,200 contingent worker records with an “Expected Job End Date” on June 30, 2021.
Upon reaching the “Expected Job End Date,” UCPath will terminate all employees and contingent workers with expired jobs for which the “End Job Automatically” checkbox is selected.
To avoid unintended impacts such as termination, pay discrepancies, loss of benefits, system access interruptions or overpayments, please complete the following:
- Run the Jobs with Approaching End Dates (R-103) report
- Review job records with upcoming end dates that are scheduled to auto terminate
- The "End Job Automatically" box must be checked in conjunction with the “Expected Job End Date” in order for the record to be automatically terminated
- If the box is not checked, the employee will remain in active status and continue to receive pay
- Initiate the appropriate transaction to update the employee’s records as needed:
- Submit PayPath Transaction
- Place on a short work break
- Extend or re-appoint
- Check the “End Job Automatically” box to automatically terminate on the job end date
- Submit HR Template
- Transfer to another position
- No Action Needed
- Allow to Auto Terminate
- Once job records are automatically terminated, it is necessary to submit a rehire/reinstatement transaction to reinstate an employee to active status
- Extend the “Expected Job End Date” to ensure system updates such as primary job changes, pay rate changes, benefit eligibility changes, etc., are applied to the record
- If a record is not set to auto terminate, an extension approval must be submitted to avoid an overpayment
- Transaction must be submitted and approved no later than the corresponding location deadlines (see payroll processing calendars linked above)
- Run Cognos Report
- Extend or Inactivate POI
- Initiate Multi-Row Job Data Change PayPath Transaction (Staff/Acad)
- Initiate Extend Contingent Worker (No Position) Template Transaction
- Initiate Extend Contingent Worker (With Position) Template Transaction
- Initiate Short Work Break PayPath Transaction (Staff/Acad)
- Initiate Voluntary Termination Template Transaction
- Initiate Involuntary Termination Template Transaction
- Initiate Intralocation Transfer Template Transaction (Staff)
- Initiate Intralocation Transfer Template Transaction (Acad)
- Job Aid: Benefit Eligibility & Triggers
If you have a question about this information or for any other services, please visit UCPath and click on “Ask UCPath” to submit an inquiry or call (855) 982-7284 to speak with an associate M-F between 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
If you have IT-related questions, please contact the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) at email@example.com or (510) 987-0363
If you have other questions, contact one of the following offices: