TO: Func. Users
FR: Jim Corkill, Director, Controller, Business & Financial Services
RE: Sign Up or Verify Your Consent for Electronic W2
Sign up (or verify you’re signed up) to receive your electronic W-2 on UCPath. If you haven’t already done so, the deadline for requesting an electronic W-2 for your 2018 tax information is January 18, 2019.
Visit UCPath online
- Verify your current status.
- If it says CONSENT RECEIVED, then you do not have to do anything – you’re already signed up for the electronic statement.
- Once you’ve signed up, all notifications about your W-2/W-2c will be sent to your preferred email address on file in the UCPath system. Please check that it’s up-to-date.
- Reminder: UC does not send actual W-2 statements to employees by email or text. You must log in to UCPath online to view/download your electronic W-2 (but only if you enrolled to receive one).
UCSB employees may receive two W-2s for 2018. This is due to the transition to the UCPath system in September, 2018. Please note:
- W-2 statement from AYSO will cover your earnings from January – September, 2018 paychecks
- W-2 statement from UCPath will cover your earnings from October - December, 2018 paychecks.
- If your first paycheck was after October, you will only receive one W-2 from UCPath.
W-2 Statements and Important Security Reminders
UC does not send actual W-2 statements to employees by email or text. You must log in to UCPath online to view your electronic W-2 (if you enrolled to receive one). If you receive an email or text that has an attachment for viewing your W-2, it is a phishing scam designed to gain your private information. Scammers may also send emails with fraudulent links. Do not open any attachments or click on any email links. To access your electronic W-2 statement, always go directly to the UCPath site using a safe/known link (like the ones in this article) and log in.
Five Benefits of Electronically Receiving Your W-2
- It is a more secure way to receive information.
- Your UCPath W-2 statement is available earlier than the mailed version, providing you with additional time to prepare and manage your tax filing.
- It eliminates the possibility of lost or stolen statements.
- You can access your statement at any time once it’s ready.
- Reduces paper and helps the environment.
Here are two articles from January, 2018 for your reference: